Consider using the following to secure mobile printing solutions and keep your business secure.
Protect your devices
- Apply administrative passwords to prevent changes to print device settings and functions.
- Purchase print devices with threat detection and software validation features, so only authorized firmware and software is installed and executed.
- Configure devices according to security best practices, such as closing unused ports and protocols and changing passwords.
Protect your data
- Require user authentication to access device features.
- Ensure print job data is encrypted in transit and at rest on the printer’s mass storage.
- Protect scans with document encryption features and encrypted email.
- Use secure mobile printing solutions to allow printing from mobile devices.
- Erase sensitive data from hard drives before recycling old products.
Protect your documents
- Activate secure pull printing to store print jobs until the user enters identification at the selected printer.
- Use secure input trays to protect sensitive media, such as paper used to print checks and prescriptions.
- Employ anti-counterfeiting solutions, such as security toner, to prevent tampering and alteration of sensitive documents.
Are your printers vulnerable to attack? Take the HP Secure Print Analysis survey.